Delphi Christian Church to host milestone event
On Sunday morning, Oct. 19, the Delphi Christian Church will celebrate a milestone event in its history. The church will host a centennial celebration of the church building.
On April 15, 1880, the church officially began. The charter members began meeting in the third floor of the Citizens Bank, located at the corner of Washington and Main streets in Delphi. As the church quickly grew, a larger place in which to meet was needed so the old Presbyterian Church building at 315 E. Main St. was purchased. This structure served the congregation well for several decades. As the years went by, church leaders realized that they needed a larger and newer church building. In an act of faith, they launched a building project in which the old structure was torn down and a new church building was erected in its place. On Oct. 18, 1908, church members dedicated a new church structure to the glory of God. Through sacrificial giving, the congregation paid off the full debt within a few years.
On Oct. 19, at 9:30 a.m. the church will have a special worship service, followed by a banquet provided by the ladies of the congregation. The singing duet, Water-N2- Wine, will present a special concert.
All are welcome to join in the worship service, banquet, and concert. Those planning to attend the banquet, are asked to RSVP by phone to this number, (765) 564-3560.